My Adventures in Wireless Networking
(This is supposed to be fun; no really, it is trust me!)
- My office (98)
- My neighborhood (99)
- cisco 2621
- aironet br4200
- 2 x uc4800 client ethernet bridges
- 8 wireless laptops
- Work Again
- Decent performance over distance requires tuning.
- Maximizing performance and minimizing interference with other applications
are not mutually exclusive goals.
- Directional antennas are good for everyone...
- Come up with a spectrum allocation plan.
- Coordinate with with other local users.
- Wireless netowrking is not a liscense to print money.
- An access-point can support fewer wireless users than you think.
- A wireless network is not as secure as a wired, which is also not secure.
- vpn's might be virtual but they aren't private.
Joel Jaeggli firstname.lastname@example.org - 05/09/2002