This course on Scalable Network Infrastructure
is part of the
AfNOG 2019 Workshop on Network Technology,
held in conjunction with the
Africa Internet Summit
in Kampala, Uganda, in June 2019.
We use hands-on training in a well-equipped classroom
over a five-day period to teach skills required for the
configuration and operation of large scale networks connected to the
The topics covered include:
Management of router configuration;
NOC (Network Operations Centre);
Internet Exchange Points between networks.
Who should attend:
Technical staff who are now operating a wide area TCP/IP network, likely
with international and/or multi-provider connectivity. Those who will
be involved in the establishment and/or operation of a basic national
network infrastructure in the country.
Experience using TCP/IP-based networking technologies.
- Frank Habicht (Tanzania) [FH]
- Dev Jeenia (Mauritius) [DJ]
- Geert Jan de Groot (Netherlands) [GJ]
- Nishal Goburdhan (South Africa) [NG]
- Noah Maina (Tanzania/Uganda) [NM]
- Patience Nagaba (Uganda) [PN]
- Patrick Okui (Uganda) [PO]
- Sara Alamin (Sudan) [SA]